You have probably asked yourself, “How do I keep wild animals such as raccoons, rats, mice, squirrels, opossums, skunks, etc., away from my yard, garden or home?” Here are our best tips!
1. DO NOT LEAVE FOOD OUTSIDE, SUCH AS PET FOOD:
- If you feed your dogs or cats outside, pick up and clean their bowls right after they are done.
2. MAINTAIN YOUR TRASH BINS:
- Make sure your trash cans have a lid that closes tight and that the trash is not overflowing.
- Replace any broken lids.
- Tie trash bags before putting them in the bins.
- Clean up or hose down bins at least once a month.
- Sprinkle baking soda inside them to keep odors at bay.
3. KEEP YOUR YARD CLEAN:
- Mow your lawn regularly.
- Pick up dead leaves so that, they don’t accumulate in piles.
- Pick up fallen fruit from trees promptly.
4. CALL US TO PERFORM AN INSPECTION OF YOUR WHOLE HOUSE TO DETECT POSSIBLE POINTS OF ENTRY AND PERFORM THE NECESSARY REPAIRS.
Ask us about our “Preventive Services” offers.
We are not fans of deterrents as they don’t seem to be permanent solution but they may work as a temporary and extra protective measure.
You can follow the recipe below and you can make it even stronger by adding garlic.
Try it out and let us know if it worked for you in the comments below. You can also tell us other tips and tricks that have worked for you!
This is a natural recipe, using ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. We don’t recommend using harsh chemicals that promote deterring animals since they can be as harmful for the animal as it could be for you, your kids, your pets and your family.
And don’t forget to share this post, you may help someone you care about!
Enjoy your pest free home!